Sunday, November 16, 2008

Methi Matar Malaai



Just before the dinner, at around 8 PM, I felt like having something different and my mind started going back to my bachelorhood days when I used to eat daily at a small restaurant. That was the place where I had made friends with the owner and would always order something off the menu and the chef would always make me the dishes I ordered in the way I wanted them. Of those, one of my favs was Methi Matar Malaai and I made it today. Here's the recipe.


Preparation time: 15-20 Minutes


Ingredients:
  • Matar (Green Peas - Fresh or Frozen) - 1 Bowl
  • Methi (Fennel Leaves) - 1/4 Bowl - You may chose fresh/dry leaves and if you chose dry, soak in fresh water before use
  • Cream/Malai - Half Bowl
  • Red Onions - One
  • Tomatoes (optional) - One
  • Jeera (Cumin seeds), Red chilly powder, Salt, and Kitchen King (a pinch of it for taste)


Procedure:
Heat 1 TSP oil in a pan. When it gets real hot, put cumin seeds in it and let them change their color to dark brown. Add the finely chopped onion and stir fry till they become golden brown. At this stage, you can also add chopped tomatoes (if you wish) to the onions and fry them. Now add the peas and stir for 2-3 mins.

Add the remaining spices, except Kitchen King. We'll save it for the end. Fry the mixture for a min and then cover it to let the peas cook for some time.

After 2 mins, add the fennel leaves and mix them well with the peas. Stir the mixture for 1 more min. You'd now get the nice aroma of the fennel leaves.

Now add cream and mix it properly. Also, add a pinch of Kitchen King to flavor it. Methi Matar Malai is almost ready now. While serving, pour a TSP of ghee on it. Tastes amazing! :-)
Have it with garma-garam fulkas (chapattis), Naan ...slurp slurp!






1 comment:

  1. nice dish.. wil try next week with chicken in it ofcourse :)

    ReplyDelete

Try the Translate Tool for better understanding.